Updated: Jul 14
5 Tips to stop getting in your own way.
What great achievement would you dare to dream for yourself, if you were guaranteed to succeed?
The chance of something not working is often the reason people never begin!! Imagine all the opportunities, all the learning and thefuture successes that are being avoided due to never starting? Never giving it a go?
5 ways to get out of your own way
1. Give yourself the permission to dream.
Unless you allow yourself to imagine a life that will bring you happiness, you can never figure out how to make it happen. Dream big – let your ideas take shape so that step by step, they can become a reality.
2. Start at the beginning. Step 1 will lead to Step 2 which will lead to Step 3. Stop trying to figure out Step 20 when you're only at the beginning!
You don’t have to have all the answers at once – by simply looking into one aspect of a career change or some market research on an idea you have, you are giving energy and space to possibility, not making major changes overnight. Exploring ideas (aka dreaming) is not a commitment to change or a solid decision - it's like opening a door - check out what's on the other side!
3. Ignore the practical ‘buts’ and ‘what ifs’ for now. Of course the practicalities of life are a major factor in our decision making, and sometimes out of our control. They will impact on your final choices and decisions but they have no place in your imagination/dreams.
4. Inaction is always unproductive. By not dreaming, not seeking, not doing, you are definitely setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. You will end up with that ‘if only’ niggly feeling and not much else.
5. Recognise your inner critic’s voice and disable it by living in the now. Your inner critic loves the past and future but is not so stable in the here-and-now. What does your inner critic say to you on a regular basis?
No one ever achieved anything without first dreaming about it.
Take Action today - Get out of your own way:
Don't hesitate to contact me - we can have a chat,
take stock of where you're at and move you forward in your career!
FREE Career Alignment Roadmap - HERE
Join the Facebook community
for resources, inspiration, information and lots of support.